Blocks and Bricks – Size Matters But They Can Both Have The Same Purpose
Yoga Bricks (Blocks roughly the size of a house brick)
Bricks are the most flexible prop in the Yogis toolkit and are therefore the primary item of choice. It can be used:
- As an extension of the arms to provide a greater variety of poses with different difficulty levels.
- As an aid for beginners or less mobile to perform less strenuous movements.
- To provide support for the back, head, and hips in a variety of additional poses.
- Assisting in body alignment.
Larger Yoga Blocks (Used in a different way)
A larger block is usually made of soft but firm material to provide cushioning and elevation for seated poses, the yoga block relieves strain on the hips and knees. The main difference between a block and a brick is the dimensions, a block is thinner and has a greater surface area allowing them to be used in seated poses. Recycled chip foam is also available for the environmentally conscious.
The Yoga Studio Store stocks a number of different varieties including one made from recycled chip foam for the environmentally conscious:
- Support – placing the wedge under a beginner’s heels will allow for more stress-free squats.
- Cushioning – placing the wedge under the knees can minimise discomfort when performing certain poses.
- Alleviate pain – placing the wedge under the wrists will change the joints angle when doing the plank pose.
Wedges are available through the store from a variety of manufacturers and further information on their usage may be found here:
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.