Milk's Up breastfeeding tea is designed to naturally support mothers while nursing. Because whilst this time with your baby is amazing - it can also be really hard. A cup of tea can be a huge support.
Milk's Up is an award winning caffeine-free blend of fennel, nettle, fenugreek seeds, lemon verbena and star anise. These are natural galactagogues which have been used for millennia to support your milk supply, but they also taste delicious.
Each pack contains 15 whole leaf, plastic free, biodegradable tea pyramids. They can be used to make 30 cups of tea or more.
Vegan and gluten free.
Fennel seeds - small scale studies show fennel can help support milk supply, supporting their long historical use for this.
- Anise - used for millennia as a natural support to milk supply.
- Nettle leaf - anecdotal evidence for hundreds of years suggests nettle can support milk supply, but no studies exist to confirm this.
- Fenugreek seeds - the most tested galactagogue - shown in some small scale studies to increase milk supply and fat content in milk.
- Lemon Verbena - added to the blend for balance.
Rosemary - a balance to the sweetness of fennel and anise.
Warming, spicy – almost savoury, in a good way.
Fenugreek gives this blend a wonderful balance of sweet and bitter notes, with it’s aroma of dark, almost burnt caramel.
- Fennel, Anise and Lemon Verbena add to it’s sweetness, with rosemary and nettle giving it a warming, earthy note.
It’s probably the most complex tea in our range, but utterly delicious.
We don’t recommend adding milk or sugar, but follow your cravings and personal taste!
HOW MANY CUPS & HOW TO BREW...
The benefits of any tea can hopefully build over time - so we recommend having 3 cups a day from 37 weeks and combining with hand expressing colostrum.
Then just keep it up - your supply will naturally be higher in the evening/night time, so you can drink it earlier in the day to stay hydrated and support yourself.
- Use 1 whole leaf tea bag in a 300ml cup.
- Pour freshly boiled water over it.
- Brew for 3-5 minutes, depending on your taste.
- Remove bag from cup, and keep in a small dish (or egg cup!) by your kettle.
- Re-brew your bag, and just leave it in the cup for a little longer.
- Relax and take a moment with your cuppa.
WHATS' IN THE BOX?
We pack 15 whole leaf tea bags into each box.
- They are plastic free and completely biodegradable. Once you've finished your tea, simply put the used bag in your food bin.
The inner bag which holds the tea bags is also plastic free
- its made from paper! Put this in your food bin too as it is compostable.
- And don't forget to recycle the box! It can biodegrade too, but recycling is the most eco-friendly option.