Prepare your body for labour from 32 weeks with The Final Push raspberry leaf tea. Specifically designed for pregnant women in their third trimester, raspberry leaf has traditionally been used to help ease your babies entrance into the world.
It has been linked to shorter and more straightforward births in research. And it can even support you post-natally, as your body recovers.
Whilst raspberry leaf tastes like a bitter green tea, the whole peppermint in this blend sweetens it to make it a refreshing and comforting cuppa.
It can also help to aid digestion as your baby grows bigger.
Each pack contains 15 whole leaf, plastic free, biodegradable tea pyramids.They can be used to make 30 cups of tea or more. Vegan and gluten free.
- Refreshingly minty and herbaceous.
Raspberry leaf does not taste like raspberries! It has a flavour akin to green tea, with subtle vegetal notes and a slight bitterness.
Whole leaf peppermint is sweeter and with a more intense mint flavour compared to a traditional tea bag.
- In combination, they have a sweet and herby taste, with a thick mouthfeel. It can help digestion and your body to prepare for labour.
- We don’t recommend adding milk or sugar, but follow your cravings and personal taste!
DRINK FROM 32 WEEKS
Studies on rats have shown that whilst raspberry leaf relaxes the uterine muscles of a non-pregnant rat, it actually makes the muscles of a pregnant uterus contract. No tests have been done on pregnant women, given the huge risk this would pose.
But based on this evidence the earliest any NHS trust advises having raspberry leaf from, is 32 weeks. And some even say to wait until 35 weeks.
We recommend starting with one cup a day from 32 weeks, and to make sure that you stop drinking the tea if you feel it is giving you braxton hicks. If this happens, wait until you are full term at 37 weeks before having the tea.
This will mean the raspberry leaf is safe - as if it did induce labour, you'd have a full term baby arrive!
HOW TO BREW...
We recommend 1 cup a day from 32 weeks, 2 cups a day from 33 weeks, and then 3 cups a day from 34 weeks until your baby arrives.
Use 1 whole leaf tea bag, per 300ml cup.
- Add freshly boiled water.
- Brew for 3-5 minutes, depending on your taste.
- Remove bag from cup, and keep in a small dish by your kettle.
- Re-brew your bag, and just leave it in the cup for a little longer.
- Relax and take a moment with your cuppa.
We don’t recommend adding milk, but a splash of honey is the perfect accompaniment if you have a sweet tooth.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- There are 15 whole leaf tea bags in each box.
- They are made from corn starch and are 100% plastic free and biodegradable. It's best to put them in your food bin once you've finished with them as they will take many years to decompose on a home compost.
The inner bag is also 100% plastic free and biodegradable, made from paper! It's also best to go in your food bin.
You could compost the box, but it's better to recycle this as it's cardboard!